19 December 2015

Drink of the Month : Drunken Mallow-Nog

Once upon a time I did 'Drink of the Week.'  But, then I got pregnant and had a cute little baby boy.  Therefore, 'Drink of the Week' is now 'Drink of the Month.'

Oh Christmas, the most wonderful time of the year.  I love everything about Christmas; the lights, the music, the movies, and of course the drinks.  

We are an eggnog house from the time Thanksgiving rolls around until after the New Year.  Sometimes we make homemade egg nog, but most of the time we buy good old grocery store nog.  It's great as it right out of the fridge, but it doesn't hurt to spike it every once in a while.  Afterall, 'tis the season.  

Spiking eggnog is as simple as adding a shot of rum, whiskey, or bourbon.  But why not spice things-up a little bit to make it seem more merry?

Start with a simple combination of your nog and booze of choice. I myself prefer very little alcohol in my nog because a little goes a long way; to each his own.  
Most people stop there, but if you want to turn your simple drink into a beautiful one for guests, light it on fire....seriously!

Add a few marshmallows atop the nog (I used large mallows, but I think small would be better).  Then grab your tiny kitchen torch and light it up.  As you can see my mallows were a little too crisp, but it made for a great photo.  
Once you get your mallows to the perfect melty goodness, grate some fresh nutmeg over the top and sprinkle with silver sugar.  

That's it!  You turn a simple boozy eggnog into a pretty cocktail on Christmas morning.  If you want to make it even fancier, put it in a 'Christmas Vacation' Moose Mug. Ha! 

 Merry Christmas Ya'll!


SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

2 comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS