21 July 2014

Drink of the Week #7: Coffee Cubes

 A few years ago, while enjoying breakfast at Brewed in Fort Worth, I came across a coffee drink on the menu that I had never seen before, Coffee Cubes with Milk.  For starters, I am not a milk drinker, but I do enjoy Almond Milk and Soy Milk.  I decided to order the drink, which they have in limited supply, with Soy Milk.  It was delicious...I was hooked...I made it at home.  
Coffee Cubes are by far the easiest drink to make, and it is perfect for those mornings where you realize you have no more coffee in the house, you are running late getting out of the door, or you need an afternoon pick-me-up.  

I like to use leftover coffee I have in the pot, instead of brewing a new pot.  I purchased a cheap ice cube tray and filled-it with leftover coffee, then simply stuck it in the freezer.  The next day the coffee was perfectly frozen into cubes, and they were very easy to remove from the mold.  
With a milk of your choice poured over the cubes, I tried a new flavor, Almond Coconut Almond Breeze.  I typically buy regular non-sweetened Almond Breeze, but the addition of Coconut Milk intrigued me; especially with the health benefits of each.  The milk was great, the Coconut flavor was more prominent than the Almond flavor, but added such a tasty tropical component.  

My favorite thing about the coffee cubes is that they last for hours, because the cubes melt as time goes by; and the drink becomes stronger.  I personally like more coffee cubes and less milk so I have more of a coffee flavor, but be careful, too many coffee cubes and it might as well be espresso with milk.  


Coffee Cubes
  • Leftover Coffee
  • Ice Cube Tray
  • Milk (your favorite one of course)
  1. Pour leftover coffee into the molds of an ice cube tray.
  2. Freeze overnight.
  3. Remove cubes from tray (approximately 3-5 for one drink).
  4. Place cubes in a glass and pour milk of your choice over the cubes (approximately 8oz).
  5. Watch as the cubes slowly melt into a delicious cold cup of coffee.  

Of course no drink is complete without a cute straw, but first...coffee!

Cheers, to Caffeine!


SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS