24 August 2014

Drink of the Week #9: The Spiked Pineapple

 I have only visited the pool a handful of times this year, but the last time I was there I knew that I wanted to make a frozen concoction to sip-on while floating around.   My mind automatically went to tropical, so I bought a pineapple.  

The great thing about using pineapple for a cocktail, beside the sweetness and it's ability to play well with most liquors, is that it is very juicy.  So juicy that when tossed in a blender alone releases a ton of liquid juice and not a lot of pulp/fruit mush.  
I wanted to create something simple, with few ingredients, and with no added sugar.  After chopping and blending the pineapple I added the gin and just a touch of 100% pineapple juice.  To make the cocktail more well rounded I added a banana and it was done.  
Blended with ice to turn the cocktail into a smoothie of sorts, it was ready to consume.  Split between three only yielded a drink per person; I loved it so much I was wishing I had a second pineapple to make another batch.  

The Spiked Pineapple
  • 1 whole pineapple
  • 1/2 cup of Pineapple Juice
  • 1 banana
  • 1 cup of gin*
  • Ice
  1. Chop the pineapple and banana.
  2. Blend until smooth.
  3. Add the gin, pineapple juice, and ice.
  4. Blend until smooth.
  5. Pour into a pool-proof glass and garnish with a slice of pineapple and fresh picked flowers.

Cheers!



*To be honest this drink needed Rum, not Gin, because Rum would add a more tropical complex flavor, but either way I sucked down this drink in about 10 minutes. 

SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS