03 September 2014

The Art of Summer Nights

With the husband and myself both having backgrounds in art, we jump at the opportunity to visit the local museums; especially when a special exhibit is in town or an event it taking place. 

The Nasher Sculpture Center (Dallas) runs a monthly 'til Midnight at the Nasher, which we recently discovered.  I have no idea how long this event has been going on for, but I loved it so much (I am sad that it took me so long to find out about it). 

Take a picnic, combine it with live music, a movie on the lawn, and a basket of food from an award-winning chef.....Welcome to 'til Midnight at the Nasher

We arrived just as the band was going on stage, Whiskey Fold Ramblers, and snatched the perfect spot in-between the stage and the movie projector.  We laid out our blanket and b-lined it for the yummy stuff. 
We picked-up our pre-ordered picnic basket by famous chef Wolfgang Puck and a bottle of wine.  We wanted to walk around the Nasher and take in all of the newest exhibits, but we were hungry so we sat down, poured the wine, and dove into our basket of goodies.  
The basket was comprised of the perfect picnic food.  Crispy Fried Chicken, Potato Salad, Spring Salad, a Fluffy Roll, and even a Mini Sticky Roll covered my plate; and eventually filled my belly. 
It didn't take me long to remove my shoes and enjoy the company of friends. The four of us had a great time catching up with a drink in hand, and great music playing in the background.  Not to mention the people watching was fun and entertaining. 
As the sun fell the band completed their set, and the movie came on.  We had intentions to stay for the entire movie, but since it was a kids film, Where the Wild Things Are, we decided to head out to a bar to continue our evening.  

til' Midnight at the Nasher was a wonderful, relaxing, perfect date night.  I can't wait for the September one, so I can do it all over again. 


SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS