16 November 2014

A Little Pumpkin Surprise

7 long weeks since my last blog post, I hope I still have some Gin & Pearls readers out there.  

It isn't like me to go so long without a post because I love this blog of mine.  However, I have a really fabulous reason for why I have been MIA for nearly three months...
A few weeks after my birthday, back in September, we found out that we were expecting a little baby.  :)

We had about two weeks of enjoyment before I got very, very sick.  For nearly six weeks I was a walking nausea-bomb about to explode.  Getting up in the morning to go to work was one of the hardest things I have ever done; I was pretty useless and looked like a flu patient.  I lived off of Mexican fast food for dinner nearly every night because cooking was out of the question, and I immediately fell asleep on the couch everyday upon returning home from work.  
Luckily a few weeks ago I started feeling better, and the nausea started to subside.  I still have tiny waves here and there, but now I officially feel like a human-being again.  I am pretty tired, falling asleep most nights around 8pm, but now that I am in my second trimester, I know that things are going to continue to get better.
We have had so much fun telling family and friends our news, and I am excited to finally announce it to my Gin & Pearls readers.  
At 13 weeks our little jellybean is the size of an orange now; I am showing a nice bump.  We haven't been able to see the little one in an ultrasound since week 9, but we did get to hear the heartbeat this week which was pretty amazing.  
Thank you readers for letting me share in our excitement with you, and don't worry....Drink of the Week will still continue (I just won't be able to enjoy them for myself). 






SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

1 comment:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS