28 September 2014

Drink of the Week #11: The Ginger


Once again I tried to replicate a favorite drink of mine from one of my favorite local restaurants, and I have to say, I completely nailed this one to perfection.  

I love ginger!  Anytime I fly a Ginger Ale is my drink of choice, and whenever I am sick I sip on Ginger Ale throughout the day.  Ginger candy is delicious, and fresh ginger in a spicy Asian dish is one of my favorite flavors.  With my taste-buds love for ginger I knew that a ginger cocktail would be a hit.


The Ginger has a double dose of immune healthy ginger; with fresh ginger and Ginger Beer.  I use Ginger Beer instead of Ginger Ale because it is made with real ginger and less sugar, yielding a more flavorful punch of flavor.  It costs more and can be hard to find, but it is well worth it.  And while it is called Ginger Beer, it isn't actually beer at all, it is 100% free of any alcohol.  

The Ginger is a simple blend of muddled fresh ginger, lime juice, and a touch of agave nectar topped with Gin and Ginger Beer.  The hubs and myself like a bit of a spicy kick to our cocktails so I decided to add a few drops of our own Homemade Habanero Bitters to the mix (yes, I said homemade).  


The Ginger 
Yields 2 cocktails
  • 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
  • 2 limes, freshly squeezed + slices for garnish
  • 1 tablespoon Agave Nectar
  • 4 tablespoons Gin, I used Tangueray 
  • 2 bottles of Ginger Beer (Fever Tree brand)
  • Habanero Bitters, optional 
  1. In a cocktail shaker muddle the fresh ginger, lime juice, and agave nectar.
  2. Add the gin and ice and shake vigorously.
  3. Strain into an ice-filled tall cocktail glass.
  4. Add 2-3 drops of Habanero Bitters and fill to the top with the Ginger Beer.
  5. Stir.
  6. Garnish with a slice of lime and a cute pink straw.  
 *This drink is perfect in the virgin form as well, just don't add the Gin.



Cheers!





SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS