21 September 2014

September Fashion: Black & White

September 11th was my 29th birthday, and with it came a dinner celebration with a few close friends at my favorite sushi restaurant. I always have a hard time getting dressed in September.  I want desperately to bring my jeans out of hiding, but it just isn't quite cool enough for it yet.  However, after months of summer dresses, I never want to wear them anymore. That pretty much leaves shorts.

I really enjoy taking a casual pair of shorts and dressing them-up; because they are so much more comfortable than a dress.  
I had a cute new black shirt that I wanted to wear, so pairing it with white shorts seemed like the right choice.  I wanted more color, being how it is still Summer,so  the outfit came together nicely with a bright teal purse as my pop of color.  
 I knew with a simple outfit I needed to amp things up a bit with my accessories, so I immediately grabbed  my silver torsade statement necklace form Chloe & Isabel.  It is such a dramatic piece, I love it.  Most days I wear it I get compliments anywhere I go.  With a a studded black leather wrap bracelet and black wedges, the outfit was complete.  

You can never go wrong with black & white.  

Happy Birthday to all my fellow Septemberists out there.  


SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

1 comment:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS